- How do I purchase a lesson?
- What do i get when i purchase a lesson?
- How do you teach a song?
- Which information is included in the TAB?
- I don’t know how to read tabs!
- Which softwares do i need to use your lessons?
- How large are the videos?
- Can i watch the lessons on my tablet?
- Can i download the lessons from my tablet?
- I have a slow Internet speed, can i still download your files?
- I haven’t received my download links!
- My download link has expired!
- My download keeps timing out / I have reached my download limit or zip file is corrupted / won’t open!
- I can’t sign in / I’d like to create an account
- Can i request a song / lesson?
- Do you offer a refund?
How do I purchase a lesson?
It’s very easy! simply browse through the lessons pages (dobro or weissenborn or lap steel) and when you find a lesson that you want to purchase, click the “add to cart” link. You can then click “checkout” or continue your shopping and click the shopping cart link at the top of the page when you’re done.
After you have completed your order, you will be redirected to a page with your invoice including a download link for each product you bought. You will also get those links by email if you want to download your files later or you can go to your account and download the files from there.
What do i get when i purchase a lesson?
After purchasing your lessons, you get a download link for each product you bought (both in the invoice page and in your email box). Click the link and save to your computer:
- If you bought a tablature, you get a PDF file with complete notation
- If you bought a lesson package, you get a Zip file which usually contains: full HD 1080p movie, tablature (in PDF format), mp3 performance & practice tracks, and depending on the lesson, backing tracks.
How do you teach a song?
Usually we’ll start off by checking out the song structure, chords, and any technique required to play the tune.
Then we’ll go through each section slowly, phrase by phrase: left hand, right hand, rhythm, repetition etc.
After that, we’ll play the song at slower tempos, with a metronome if it’s a solo arrangement or (if applicable) with a backing track.
There is a smooth learning curve in all my lessons because i want to make sure you’ll be able to play the song from start from finish!
Also note: all my paid lessons (dobro or weissenborn or lap steel) include a FREE sample (around 10 minutes – depending on the lesson) so that you can get an idea of how the teaching is like before making a purchase!
Which information is included in the TAB?
Each TAB is very detailed and includes everything that i’ve played in the performance down to the last note. I spend a lot of time writing those because i want to make sure you’ll be able to play it exactly like I did if you wish to 🙂
So you’ll get: notes, rhythm notation, chord names, right-hand fingering…
I don’t know how to read tabs!
I got you covered: here is a blog post where I explain in detail everything you need to know to read my tabs.
Which softwares do i need to use your lessons?
- Zip file: if you’re on windows, you need a Zip program like 7-zip to open the Zip file. If you’re on mac then there’s already a built-in Zip program so you don’t need to worry about that. If you use a tablet, you need an app such as Files if you have an Android device or Total Files if you use an Apple device.
- Tab: you need Adobe Reader.
- Video: most videos players will work (VLC, quick time, windows media player..).
- Mp3: any music player will work (itunes, windows media player…).
How large are the videos?
Usually between 1 and 2 GB (all my videos are HD 1080p).
Can i watch the lessons on my tablet?
Absolutely! I recommend to use the VLC app rather than iTunes though as my videos are high quality 1080p and VLC seems to handle that much better than iTunes!
Can i download the lessons from my tablet?
Yes, but I would rather recommend to download from your computer and then transfer them to your tablet using the VLC app (here is a link to a tutorial which explains how to transfer files from your computer to your tablet using VLC).
But if downloading from a tablet is your only option, you need an app such as Files if you have an Android device or Total Files if you use an Apple device.
I have a slow Internet speed, can i still download your files?
Yes, you can! First of all, be sure to download from a computer and not a tablet.
Then you need to install a “download manager”: it’s a little program that allows you to resume downloads. So even with a slow ISP, you will be able to resume and complete your download if it aborts because of the slow speed!
If you are on Windows, i recommend to install “Internet Download Accelerator”. If you are on a Mac, i recommend “Folx”.
Once installed, make sure to tick the option to let the program automatically catch the downloads in your browser. Then when you got it all ready, please contact me and i’ll provide you with resumable download links for your purchase!
I haven’t received my download links!
Please check out your spam folder first. If it’s not there, then contact me and i’ll send you your download links!
My download link has expired!
That means you have not downloaded your file in the alloted time. No worries! Contact me and i’ll reset it for you!
My download keeps timing out / I have reached my download limit or zip file is corrupted / won’t open!
This means something went wrong while downloading the file and it did not complete successfully, even after a few tries. This happens most of the time when you have a slow ISP, or your Internet connection cutting out. What i recommend is to install a download manager first (read more about that above) and then please contact me to get a resumable download link.
I can’t sign in / i’d like to create an account
You create an account on checkout only. There is no point creating an account if you don’t purchase anything as being registered won’t give you access to more than you already see. Just add to your cart the lessons you’d like to purchase then you’ll be able to register on checkout.
Can i request a song / lesson?
Absolutely! This site is first and foremost for you so feel free to contact me for any song or lesson suggestions (but please note i’m way behind with requests so be patient 🙂 )
Do you offer a refund?
Since these are downloads, i can’t offer a refund. However i want you guys to be happy so if for any reason you’re not satisfied with the product you bought then please contact me and i’ll see what i can do!